Professional carpet cleaning is the best way to keep your carpet hygienic and looking its best. Advanced Carpet and Janitorial offers complete cleaning and janitorial services, including carpet cleaning, for homes and businesses in Northwest Arkansas.
While there’s no substitute for a professional deep clean, you need to do some upkeep to make sure your carpet stays clean and looks good in between cleanings. Regular cleaning also helps extend the life of your carpet.
Establish a routine schedule to keep your carpet clean. Sporadic cleaning works for keeping up appearances, but to truly keep your home clean, you need to clean your floors on a regular basis.
Make a plan
Write a list of all the carpeted rooms in your home that need vacuuming, and set up a cleaning schedule. Some people like to spread chores out over the course of the week, while other prefer knocking everything out in a single day. Try both and see which one works best for you.
Write your cleaning schedule down, so you can remember it and stick to it.
- Vacuum carpets at least two to three times a week.
- High traffic areas need more frequent vacuuming.
- You may have to vacuum more often if you have indoor pets.
Vacuum the high traffic areas in your home on a regular basis, but don’t forget about the easy to forget spaces.
- Use the vacuum attachment to clean where the carpet meets the meet the wall. Vacuum edges every one to to weeks.
- Move furniture and vacuum these areas every two to three weeks.
- Vacuum closets and welcome mats weekly.
- Vacuum beneath the bed every two to three weeks.
Tips for keeping your carpet clean
- Lay out the welcome mat. Make sure there’s a place for guests and family members to wipe their feet before entering the home.
- Treat spills, spots, and stains as soon as they occur.
- Don’t race across the carpet. Make several slow passes over the carpet when vacuuming.
- Empty vacuum bags or containers when they are two-thirds full to ensure your vacuum works optimally.
Schedule regular carpet cleaning
Some people schedule professional carpet cleaning before hosting a party, or before the holidays. Others simply wait until their once-white carpet is some shade in between beige and taupe. We find that regular cleanings help keep carpets looking like new, and maximize the lifetime of your carpeted floor. Regular carpet cleaning also keeps your floors sanitary, which improves the air quality in your home.
You should schedule a professional carpet cleaning at least once a year. However, you get better results with more frequent cleanings. Households with children or indoor/outdoor pets may choose to schedule cleanings every three to six months.